Members in attendance: Thank you to all members that were able to join our Zoom conference/phone call! (Joe Balstaedt, Jayne Barnett, Linda Book, Chris Casper, Dave Chassé, Denise Chassé, Dave DeMarco, John Haglund, Julie Jones, Safia Keller, Frank Lily, Susan Marks, Terry Palmer, Justin Powell, Jim Rudin, Sherry Rudin, Danny Schoenfeld, Dave Veenstra, Erica Wolff, Judy Zone)
Guests in attendance: Karen Hansen
1. Call to order, Four-Way Test
2. Potential member induction – Karen Hansen told us a little about herself.
3. A big thank you to Tim Jones and Erica Wolff for all they’ve done for us/our club! Both are leaving for personal reasons.
Volunteers of America (VoA) Service – Terry Palmer indicated she still needs some servers and food items for the June 14 lunch we’re providing and serving. Details of the VoA address, COVID-19 protocols, etc. to be provided by Terry or Christine Casper.
Frank indicated the Spruces picnic site is reserved for June 27th. Picnic will be preceded by a hike (Frank will send out details of where and when to meet for the hike, as well as what time to meet at the Spruces picnic site. Due to COVID-19, the decision was made that attendees will bring their own food and plan to cook it (Frank will get the charcoal fire going).
6. Club President Installation Event – planned for July 2. Distanced in-person gathering planned in John Haglund’s front lawn. John to send out details, but plan to bring your own food and drink, as well as chairs.
7. Rotary Citation update – Justin indicated we’re on-track for the citation. Justin is working to capture our club’s activities (service, etc.) as he completes the application for the award.
8. Next meeting will be via Zoom. It will not be a formal business meeting. Rather, SL County Mayor Jenny Wilson will be speaking to our club. If you have questions/subject areas to propose, please get those to Justin no later than Thursday 6/11, and he’ll compile them and send them on to Mayor Wilson.
9. Polio Pig - Club members need to contribute an average of $42 each for the year. Currently, we’re well below that bogie. Additional contributions can be made via Venmo (@millcreek-rotary).
June 14th – Service – Serve lunch to the youth at Volunteers of America. Lunch prep begins at noon, with serving beginning at 1:00 p.m.
June 18th – 5:30 p.m. – Zoom conference/phone call with SL County Mayor Jenny Wilson as guest speaker –Zoom link/meeting to be set-up and distributed.
June 27th – Social – Hike and Picnic in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Hike details (location and time) to be announced. Picnic will be at a picnic site in Spruces Campground.
July 2nd – Installation Event – Come thank Justin for his hard work as president this past year, and welcome John as he takes the reigns for the next. Details to be announced by John.