Doll of Hope Service Project

Doll of Hope Service Project
Making Dolls for Refugees Worldwide

Sunday, June 11, 2017

July Social: Brighton Lakes Trail Hike and BBQ at the Spruces on Sunday, July 23, 2017

Greetings, all:

Happy Summer! One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to do a hike and a picnic in the mountains! 

I'd like to host a hike and a BBQ picnic in Big Cottonwood Canyon this year - I have a picnic area (Group Area 8) at the Spruces Campgrond reserved for us on Sunday, July 23, 2017. Please gather at 5:30, and we will start cooking. Our campground is available all day, under my name, so if you want to come early, please do. 

I will bring bratwurst and some Italian sausages, as well as the charcoal to get us started. I will need volunteers for the following:

1) Burgers
2) Buns for the sausages and the burgers
3) Water and other non-alcoholic beverages to share
4) Ice
5) Condiments - mustard, ketchup, relish, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese
6) Salads - green, potato, pasta, etc.
7) Sweets!
8) Wine and beer, if you like, and if you want to share. 

One of my favorite hikes ever is the Brighton Lakes hike, which culminates at Lake Catherine. It's about 4.5 miles round trip, and is easy to moderate. If you want to join me on this hike, meet me at 1:00 at the Brighton Ski Resort parking lot. Here's information on this iconic Utah hike:


This is a great opportunity to bring a guest who might be interested in Rotary, and also to bring family and kids. Please let me know if you are coming no later than  Monday, July 17, so that I and the other food volunteers know how much to bring. 

I love this event and I look forward to seeing you all! 

Best, 


Frank 
francis.lilly@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment