Doll of Hope Service Project

Doll of Hope Service Project
Making Dolls for Refugees Worldwide

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Teresa Larsen - mom, real estate agent, 'food police', & humanitarian - to join Rotary Club of Millcreek


A message from Teresa Larsen: First and foremost, I am a mother. I believe that when one becomes a parent, they are obligated to prioritize this gift, and in so doing, make the necessary sacrifices while raising their children, in an effort to guide and prepare them to be the best citizens that they can possibly be.

I was born in Oregon, but living nearly all of my life in the Salt Lake Valley, I am thankful for a comfortable life with my high school sweetheart of 30 years (did I mention he's STILL my husband?) and our two wonderful daughters, now ages 16 & 13.

In my pre-childbearing / toddler-aged children years, I enjoyed a rewarding career as a successful independent real estate broker and a Franchise / Marketing Consultant (for RE/MAX International) in the SLC area. I've owned my own brokerage for over 20 years.

In the more recent years, when not mothering or indulging in volunteering, I work as a real estate consultant for property acquistions (eminent domain), dispositions, and property analysis. Upon request (when appropriately begged, wined and dined), I gladly help friends and relatives buy or sell homes.

I should mention that my secret obsession (next to raising responsible children and service work) is optimum health and nutrition. I am the "Junk Food Chief of Police", so I'm told, and a bit of a fanatic about eating right and prioritizing one's health, often to the point of being downright annoying - just ask my kids ("our pantry is soooo boring" - yada yada yada).


My inner core and heart strings are yanked by helping people (not unlike the real Mother Teresa!) especially disadvantaged youth, whether it be child abuse victims, homeless teens, or those struggling just to get through school. With nearly one-third of high school students dropping out every year in this country, I believe we have a severe "youth well-being / life skills deficit" epidemic, with no immediate end in sight, and believe that we need to first take care of our young people here in this country who are struggling, and then secondly, take care of struggling populations elsewhere in the world.

The majority of my humanitarian service efforts continue to involve working with 19 local philanthropies with my 13-year old daughter, through the Salt Lake Chapter of the National Charity League, where this year I am serving on the Board as Assistant VP of Membership.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! Budapest Real Estate 2018

    ReplyDelete